I thought I would share some of my Dermstore picks since they are having a sale that runs from May 19-27th.
To save up to 20% use the code SUMMER.
I realized that my previous Dermstore post was over 2 years old and many of the products have been discontinued (sad!!) and there have been some new products I love. (For example, normally this is the time I would buy another BeautyRX Solar Defense SPF but it has been discontinued…. so so sad).
To see all of the products I talked about in one list, click here
*This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase a product based on my recommendation, I get a small % as commission on the sale. This small compensation helps support this blog and buying new products to review. If you would like to support me, thank you so much, if you are uncomfortable doing so, no worries at all, you can search the products names I have listed, and still thank you so much. I hope you enjoy this post.
**Update!! @harbenhouse is having their 25% sale with code MDAY! They sell lots of great brands like EltaMd, Neocutis, JanMarini, iS Clinical etc. So check them out! Also, for what it’s worth, they are a great woman-owned small business run by lovely people.**
**Update: Now Beautifiedyou.com has a sale with 23%, so if there is a product in this blog post that is a better deal there I will let you know! Click here to see a list of participating brands**
AM Skincare Products
- Allies of Skin Peptide Antioxidants Firming Daily Treatment
- This is my one-and-done (plus SPF) weekend warrior and vacation staple. I feel like this product does best in minimal routines. I have oily/combo skin so if I layer too many serums under this it will make me a little shiny, but in a short and sweet routine it is perfection. It is PACKED with amazing ingredients to brighten, protect, heal, and soften the skin. It’s in my top 3 favorite AOS products.
- $109 –> $87.20 (save $21.80)
- Colorescience Total Eye™ 3-in-1 Renewal Therapy SPF 35
- The company gifted me this when there was only one color (so I guess that means that my current tube is shade medium, which works for me but is a little orange and I will likely order the Fair when I run out so that I can use it on days I am not wearing any makeup). What I like about this is that it helps to hide (conceal through the tint) darkness under my eyes and provide SPF protection. Also, the ingredients can help address and correct signs of aging (like fine lines) over time. So it is like a color-correcting eye product plus anti-aging eye cream in one, which I like a lot (I like multi-taskers).
- $69 for 0.23 oz –> $55.20 (save $13.80)
- Soleil Toujours Organic Set + Protect Micro Mist SPF 30
- A follower messaged me about this mist because I have been buying and trying some different face mist options (for reapplication over makeup and on the go). They said it’s not matte and it’s not greasy. Almost like its moisturizing. But it stings your eyes, so make sure to keep your eyes closed when you spray it.
- $36 for 2 oz –>$28.80 (save $7.20)
PM Skincare Products
- Allies of Skin Bright Future Sleeping Facial OR Mandelic Pigmentation Corrector Night Serum
- These are both acid exfoliators. In my opinion you really only need one or the other… but I have a hard time picking which one I would eventually want to keep as “the one”. I was perfectly happy with Bright Future, but then the brand gifted me the Mandelic Serum and I was very happy with that one too…this created a dilemma because I couldn’t figure out which I liked more (my brain always tends to think in comparative terms). Both of these are great at giving your skin a beautiful glow. For awhile the Mandelic was in the lead, if you will, because I liked how it was a bit gentler and seemed to help with redness a little more. (Also, if you have melasma, then the Mandelic would be the one for you as the ingredients are particularly geared toward that). But then recently I have been back on the Bright Future train, and if both were empty today, that is the one I would buy (it doesn’t hurt that it has a cheaper price per ounce).
- Bright Future: $120 for 1.69 oz —>$96 (save $24) – Here is a review of how I use Bright Future Mask.
- Mandelic Night Serum: $92 for 1 oz –>$73.60 (save $18.40) – here is a post about the Mandelic acid nigth serum on IG
- Allies of Skin 1A™ Retinal + Peptides Overnight Mask
- This is what I always take on vacations (which seem like such a distant memory right now!) and it is also what I use on my gentle retinoid nights (I like to rotate between a gentle and stronger OTC retinoid, and this is my gentle night product. You can read more about this products and retinoids in general here). I don’t think this always offers enough moisture and nourishment on its own, so I will sometimes either mix in a couple drops of an oil or just put another night cream on top. But there have also been many nights where I just wash my face and put this on and call it a night. Easy peasy.
- $109 for 1.69 oz – $87.20 (save $21.80)
- Biopelle KNR Brightening Serum
- This is such a great and underappreciated night treatment that is also perfect for streamlined routines because it is like having multiple products in one (which is why I had my husband use this in his routines for 2 years because he could just use this and a night cream). It is a thin serum that layers beautifully. It is great for brightening the skin and fading pigmentation and decreasing melanin production because it has 2% kojic acid and 4% Niacinamide along with Acetyl Glucosamine. And it is a really gentle retinoid (with a blend of HPR and retinol). This is similar to the AOS Retinal in terms of how gentle yet effective it is. I think this one is better for fading pigmentation and the AOS has the advantage of including more peptides and AOX (and the AOS uses retinal). Also, with the AOS I can go without a cream but with this, I always (and my husband always) had to apply a night moisturizer on top. So if you have a night cream you already love or pigmentation is a key concern, then I would go for this over the AOS.
- $126 for 1 oz–>$100.80 (save $25.20)
- **UPDATE: This is a better deal at BeautifiedYou! They have it at 23% AND I was very excited to see that they stock one of my favorite products, the Tensage Antioxident Defense Serum. This serum not only protected my skin (like AOX serums do) BUT it corrected it. I think that is likely due to the Snail Secretion Filtrate.. Also, some people who can’t use an L-Ascorbic acid vit C will appreciate that a vit c derivative (3-O-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid) is the second ingredient in this list. All I will say is that this product gave me good skin days and I loved it and I am picking one up during the sale! (I got it in PR after I had bought and was already using the Skin Better Alto Defense Serum, which I liked, but once I started trying out the Tensage AOX I stopped reaching for the Alto Defense because while that one most likely was protecting my skin from further damage, the Biopelle one was visibly improving my skin too.
- Neostrata Retinol Repair Complex
- I am currently rotating between this and the Paula’s Choice 1% Clinical treatment on my “stronger retinol” night routines. I bought this during the 2019 Black Friday sale because I was intrigued by the inclusion of 4% NeoGlucosamine (along with the 0.5% retinol) which is supposed to be great for fine lines, discoloration and firming the skin and TBH the before and after photos on Dermstore I saw made me impulse buy it. I haven’t experienced any flaking or peeling with this when I use it 3 times a week and overall I like it a lot. However, right now I am still on the fence as to whether I will replace this or the PC 1% when I finish them. Admittedly, it is hard (impossible?) to compare them because I have been rotating back and forth.
- $82 for 1 oz –> $65.60 (save $16,40)
- **UPDATE: This is 23% off at Beautifiedyou.com! **
- Sunday Riley Good Genes is also included. It is a great acid exfoliator that plumps up the skin and gives it glow. I personally love to reserve its use for under makeup for special events. I just really have a hard time recommending Sunday Riley after their shady business practices of writing tons of fake reviews on Sephora for their acne product line. But I really haven’t found an acid that is as immediately plumping as Good Genes and as versatile. Others, like Bright Future and the Mandelic acid will get you the same glow, but I like how GG can also be used as a primer (not every day obviously or that would be major overkill!).
At-Home Peel & Masks
- Glytone Rejuvenating Mini Peel Gel
- I got this potent little glycolic acid peel in a Dermstore BeautyFix box and I almost gave it away because I had other stronger acid peel type products. But I am so glad I tried it out because it is awesome.
- When I went to link this, I just saw that the BeautyFix box that this came in is available again!!! It has the full size of the Glytone product plus a bunch of other products (like a travel size Sachajuan Moisturizing Shampoo & Conditioner). This is GREAT DEAL!! It isn’t 20% off… but still it is only $24.99! The Glytone alone is $64 for 2 oz.
- TULA Skincare Self-Care Sunday Nourishing Face Mask
- If you’ve followed me for awhile you know that I have loved this mask for years (it used to be packaged differently and with a different name). This is a super plumping and hydrating mask that is so enjoyable to wear (it smells nice, it doesn’t dry down or get tight, and it has a pearlescent, luminous finish so you look radiant while wearing it and your skin looks fresh and glowing when you wash it off. Note: the key is to use a thick layer and leave on for at least 30 min.)
- $48 for 2.5 oz –>$38.40 (save $9.60)
- Avène Antirougeurs Calm Soothing Repair Mask
- This is a great mask that delivers on what it says it will–it soothes and calms redness and leaves my skin moisturized. I had bought their other hydrating mask (which I really enjoy) but then the company sent me this one, and it totally won me over out of the two (again…both are great, but I always compare things and I think this is better because it helped reduce redness more and that is my major issue #redheadissues).
- $35 for 1.69 oz –> $28 (save $7)
- **Update: This is a better deal at beautifiedyou.com where it is 23% off!**
- Boscia Cactus Water Peel-off Mask
- I haven’t tried this yet, but my friend @honestlyskin basically told me I had to buy this during the sale (his texts were quite adamant). Knowing my kryptonite, Jay sent before and after photos to prove how it is plumping and hydrating (so much so that apparently Jay doesn’t even feel like he has to moisturize after peeling it off).
- $34 for 2.8 oz –> $27.20 (save $6.80)
- 111SKIN Master-Masking Edit
- I haven’t tried these masks… this is on my total splurge wish list. I am very very curious about these masks and whether they are worth the hefty price tag. In particular, I have heard great things about the Celestial Black Diamond Lifting and Firming Treatment Mask, and there is 1 set in here (it includes one for your face and one for your neck/décolletage, which sells for $64 alone). It also has 3 other face masks, and 4 eye masks (9 masks for a total value of $220). Plus it has a cool zipped mask organizer.
- $150–> $120 (save $30)
- Peter Thomas Roth Acne Clearing Gel
- I’m including this because it is my holy grail spot treatment. Here is the lastest post on IG about it. However, I would personally recommend waiting because you can often find this on sale for more than 20% off (and I am always sure to share when I see deals because I know that this is stupid expensive–BUT it is huge and can last you the full 2 years of its period after opening). But just in case you really want it now, saving 20% helps!
- $54 for 3.4 oz –> $43.20 (save $10.80)
- **Update: This is a better deal at beautifiedyou.com where it is 23% off!**
- Also, if there are other PTR products you are looking for, check out peterthomasroth.com because they currently have up to 60% off select products. The Acne clearing gel isn’t included but lots of other products are.
- Bioderma Atoderm Shower Oil
- **NOTE: WHY IS THIS ONLY 10% off?! SUCH A BUMMER. But I am almost out of mine, so a sale is a sale and I’ll be picking 1 up**
- TIP: The deals that I look out for this is the Dermstore Black Friday 30% off and when Walgreens has their buy 2 get 1 free sale (or when Amazon matches the Black Friday deals). My husband and I go through a tub every 2 months like clock work. I use this as my shower body wash. Since switching from my soap based body washes to this my skin has been less itchy and so much softer. And the added moisture on my skin has also seemed to help reduce some of my KP on my legs!
- $19.90 for 33.8 oz –>$17.91 (save $1.99… sigh.. but better than nothing!)
- AmLactin Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion 12%
- **Note: This is only 15% off.**
- This is my body lotion of choice for KP on my legs (aka chicken skin). It stings a little if I use it after shaving but it really has helped reduce my KP thanks to the lactic acid in it.
- TIP: If you have a Costco membership you can often find a two-pack there for a really good price.
- $26.99 for 14.1 oz –> $22.94 (save $4.05)
- Rene Furterer Forticea Energizing Shampoo
- When I went to Paris last year I bought two bottles of the Rene Furterer Triphasic strengthening shampoo, which I liked and I did feel like it helped reduce some hair shedding without drying out my hair, but I had a small travel size of the Forticea Energizing one that I really like and I want a full-size of that one. Whereas the Triphasis is supposed to help reduce fallout, the Forticea is supposed to help promote healthy growth (but there was no way for me to assess that in the week’s use of the travel size, so I am ready to give the large size a go). Also, as an aside, it is sad how much cheaper this brand is in Europe! (see what I mean in this French Pharmacy haul post)
- $32 for 6.7 oz –> $25.60 (save $6.40)
- Reverie MILK anti-frizz Leave-in nourishing treatment
- I love to use this product specifically when I plan to let my hair air dry. It helps reduce frizz and soften my hair and has a really lovely Aveda-like smell.
- $42 for 3.33 oz –> $33.60 (save $8.40)
- Playa Supernatural Conditioner
- **NOTE: Only 15% off**
- This is my current conditioner and I love it and will be picking up a replacement. The smell makes me happy and it leaves my hair soft.
- $28 for 8.45oz ->$23.80 (save $4.20)
- GLOSS MODERNE Clean Luxury Travel Collection
- I love me some Gloss Moderne. This kit was gifted to me and I LOVED it. I took the shampoo and conditioner on vacation earlier this year and it left my hair super shiny and soft (and it smells amazing). The kit also comes with their hair mask which is exceptional (I’ve included it in my Christmas stocking gift idea list for 2 years because I love it so much!). You could certainly pick up the full size of all 3, but it’s a bit pricey for me so I have opted to treat myself to this when I travel instead.
- $34 for 9 packets (I got 2 uses out of each one. So I had 6 uses of shampoo, 6 uses of the condition) –> $27.20 (save $6.80)
- Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Coconut Oil Micro-Exfoliating Shampoo
- I had one of these gifted to me and I really enjoyed it but wanted to wait to find a sale before buying a replacement. The reason I prefer this to some other exfoliating shampoos I have tried is that this one washes out really easily (there are some where I feel like I have to do two full washes just to get all the scrubby bits off my scalp). Pair this with a cheap scalp massager and you are set. Plus it smells like mint chocolate chip ice cream, which is delightful.
- $42 for 8 oz –> $33.60 (save $8.40)
Low pH Cleansers
If you are curious about a cleanser that you find on Dermstore, you can search this database to see if the pH has been tested by myself or others that use the #gtggphtest hashtag.