I have been waiting for the next Dermstore sale because I am running low on my favorite BeautyRX SPF and Peter Thomas Roth Acne Clearing Gel and I need to stock up! But then I thought it might be fun to share some other sale picks. So if you are interested in seeing some products that Dermstore sells that I either already love or am interested in trying, then keep reading!
*Some links in this post are affiliate links. When you make a purchase through these links, I will earn a very small commission. I appreciate if you shop through the links because this small compensation helps support this blog and my time spent creating and maintaining content for you all.
First… let’s start with some sale details. The sale runs from 8/10 – 8/19 and there are discounts up to 25% off (but the discounts vary from 15%, 20%, and 25%) and over 400 brands are included. For me, the real draw will be the brands that are 25% off. (Keep in mind, if you sign up for their newsletter you can get 20% off your order…but I used up that deal awhile ago.) I was sent the list of brands that are included from Helen (the marketing manager over at Dermstore) and I was SUPER happy to see that most of the brands I was interested in were (1) included in the sale and (2) were at 25% off!
To get the sale price you need to use the code BIRTHDAY.
ALSO, don’t forget to stack deals and shop through Ebates so that you also get a percentage back. If you need a referral link to get $10 in your account after your first order, here is my link: Ebates Referral
In terms of strategy, I am passing on brands that only have 15% off and that I know are sold at other retailers that offer larger discounts (for me, that only included two brands: Paula’s Choice and Perrione MD and Obagi).
Ok so on to my picks…
Products that I am restocking:
BeautyRx Skincare Solar Defense Sheer Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 50
- This is my all time favorite SPF and I think I have bought 3 tubes so far. I have a complete review on the blog. It is especially amazing for oily-combo skin (I find that it helps to control shine but it doesn’t leave you matte). And it doesn’t leave a white cast (even on darker complexions).
- Price: $42 –> $31.50 during sale
Peter Thomas Roth Acne Clearing Gel (aka my absolute favorite spot treatment ever)
- I am on the last drops of my original bottle (which lasted me about 18 months) and I CAN NOT be without this. This is the product that I depot into a little sample jar to always have with me when I travel (because I always get a blemish when I travel… such fun). It works best on cysts, works decent on small bumps (texture). The reason I love it is because I like to treat spots with a combo of BHA and AHA (which this has) BUT I also don’t want to overly dry out spots or leave my skin flakey. If I feel a major bump along my jawline forming I will put this on two to three times a day on the spot and it never makes it dry and it will either flatten the bump or make it come to the surface and leave much quicker. I am pretty sure this is supposed to be an all over face treatment since the bottle is so big, but I personally use it as a spot treatment (although I will put it all over my forehead when I have bad texture that forms there).
- Price: $54 –> $40 ($14 savings)
Pur-lisse Blue Lotus SPF 30 Essential Daily Moisturizer
- This one is actually for my mom. Pur-lisse sent this to me a year ago, I tried it and thought it was nice but I prefer to have my SPF separate from my moisturizer because some days I just use hydrating serums rather than moisturizers. Anyways, I gave it to my mom, she used every last drop and she still talks about wanting to buy it again. So I am going to tell her to jump on this deal!
- Price: $45 –> $33.75 ($11.25 savings)
Beauty Blender (in the pretty blue color)
- I use a BB every day to apply my foundation so I go through a lot of them throughout the year. It is hard to find them on sale so I will definitely be buying a fresh backup in the blue color that I have been wanting.
- Price: $20 –> $15 ($5 savings)
Sol de Janeiro Bum Bum Bath Bomba
- I can’t help it.. I love the scent of this. I already stocked up on the Bum Bum cream, but I want to get some of these bath bombs because I usually scoff at $10 per bath bomb, but I can swing $7.50 to smell amazing.
- Price: $10 –> $7.50 ($2.50 saving)
- I also really love the Brazilian Bod Buff Smoothing Scrub ‘N’ Mask but I already have a backup. \
Reverie MARE Mediterranean Sea Mist
- My last bottle of this had a faulty cap that leaks and bugs me so rather than wait to use that up and be annoyed every time I use it, I am going to get a new one. I FREAKING LOVE HOW THIS SMELLS. Honestly, that’s the main reason I am getting it. Does it give you beachy waves? Sure. Sort of. But more importantly it makes my husband go “you smell nice… what are you wearing?” When I go out I will just give my hair a couple sprays of this to introduce some texture and to make sure my hair is wafting a delicious scent (that I can not describe so I refuse to try. It’s very different… I actually don’t think I liked it the first time I used it. But then I fell in love. It’s bizarre but I am not fighting my affection for this product).
- Price: $34 –> $25.50 ($8.50 savings)
Tweezerman Slant Tweezer (in Rose Gold… because why not)
- I bought my last Tweezerman about 8 years ago and it doesn’t seem as precise as it used to be so I think it is time to replace it. I have bought cheaper tweezers and they just aren’t as good. But considering how long it lasted me, I think this is well worth it.
- Price: $23 –> $17.25 ($6.25 savings)
Things I haven’t tried yet, but I am ready to give them a try
Allies of Skin Molecular Multi-Nutrient Day Cream
- AOS reformulated their A1 All Day Repair Mask, which is my favorite “moisturizer and more” for the weekends. Basically, because it has antioxidants, niacinamide, hyaluronic acid and a bunch of other skin-loving ingredients, this is my “one and done” kind of product. I put this on, I put on SPF and I am good to go. I was told that if I liked the A1 All day Repair Mask, then I would love the Multi-Nutrient Day Cream. So I am thinking I will either go for that one or repurchase the All-Day Pollution Repair Mask because there are some days when I just don’t have the time or energy for more than two products. And this makes me feel like I’ve done a complete skincare routine.
- Price: $89 –> $66.75 ($22.25 savings)
FRESH SLATE™ Vitamin C & Enzymes Brightening Cleanser + Masque
- I’m very curious if this delivers on brightening skin and plumping it up so I want to give it a try. Also, the company recently doubled the size of the product but kept the price the same (LOVE THAT!). I also REALLY want to try the FRESH SLATE™ Clay & Manuka Honey Purifying Cleanser + Masque (In fact, that was the one out of the two cleanser/masks that I wanted most), but Dermstore hasn’t sold out of the original size (1.69 oz) yet so I am going to wait to buy this mask until they get the 2.36 oz size in stock.
- Price: $42 –> $31.50 ($10.50 savings)
Kevyn Aucoin The Sensual Skin Enhancer
- I want this solely because of @ms_hannah_e review of it. I have spent, no lie, 2.5 weeks debating whether to buy this as my new concealer and then another 2 weeks trying to decide which color to get. .. I’ve finally decided on color SX 05 because people say that is the best match if you normally use NW20 concealer from MAC.
- Price: $48 –> $36 ($12 savings)
African Botanics African Marula Muti Mud Mineral Body Scrub
- I’m on the fence about splurging on this. But I love a good body scrub (I don’t use any physical exfoliation or scrubs on my face, but my body is fair game). Someone described this as minty chocolate heaven and that basically sold me on it. Then I saw the ingredients and I believe @theskinstudy has raved about it as well. So there is a good chance it will make its way in my basket.
- Price: $65 –> $48.75 ($16.25 savings)
Products I would repurchase if I was running low (which I’m not)
Sunday Riley Good Genes (Lactic Acid Treatment)
- This is the big mama jama size, but I know I love this and I also know I haven’t found another product that compares to it in terms of overnight (albeit temporary) plumping of the annoying parentheses around my mouth. Whenever I have an event on the horizon (like a work presentation, I wish I could say it is for some fancy party, but its typically just for family parties where photos will be taken or work stuff) I will use this the night before over my entire face and then the next morning I will just apply this under my makeup around my mouth and over the crease on my chin. I feel like it helps to plump it up and gives great glow. One downside is that, to me and my hubs, it smells like lemon air freshener in a porta potty… so I wish I could find another alternative, but so far this keeps performing the best.
- Price: $158 –> $118.50 ($39.50 savings!)
Sunday Riley CEO Rapid Flash Serum
- I’ve written about this a lot on my IG page because my husband is hooked on it. So like a good wife I make sure to replace his bottle when he runs low. One major downside is that this is pricey and he goes through it far too quickly (like in 2-3 months)
- Price: $85 –> $63.75 ($21.25 savings)
Reverie MILK Anti-Frizz Leave-In Nourishing Treatment
- I love this stuff for the summer when I air dry my hair. It really does help with frizz and I love the smell and how it makes my natural waves look.
- Price: $42 –> $31.50 ($10.50 savings)
Tula Skincare Kefir Ultimate Recovery Mask
- I have some videos on my IG highlights that talks about my love of this mask. Tula sent me the first one in PR and after my second use I bought my own backup. I never do that because I usually get bored with masks. But I knew I would remain loyal to this one, and low and behold its 8 months later and it is still a favorite. I like to leave a thick layer on for 40min to an hour (or all dang day if I wasn’t going anywhere). It doesn’t dry down, and it doesn’t feel weird on your skin. But when you wipe it away with a damp cloth you have really fresh, bouncy skin. Bonus: It smells like vanilla ice cream and gives your skin an opalescent glow while wearing it.
- Price: $56 –> $42 ($14 savings)
- I also really enjoy their eye serum (and I have a blog post on that as well)
- I feel SO terrible that I haven’t had time to write up my review of this. I started using it March 1st and have been quietly using this for almost 5 months… and it works. And they aren’t the kind of results where you feel like you have to squint and convince yourself that you see a difference. My legs were noticeably smoother and my cellulite was markedly diminished. I use it primarily on the back of thighs and butt (focusing on the annoying “banana roll” section under the butt cheek where I felt like I had the most noticeable dimples) and then all down the back of my thighs. I also started using it above my knees (I feel like I have saggy knee skin… I dunno, my husband thinks I’m crazy, but it bugs me). The deeper dimples are still there, but the more surface dimples went away and my skin just looked and felt tighter. I showed a before and after photo (where I had used it for 3 months about once or twice a week…sometimes three times if I was really trying to be consistent) to a couple friends and they were all as shocked as I was. Problem is, I do really have a hard time finding time to use it. It takes about 15 minutes total (20 if I really wanted to get the back and front of legs) and I am often too lazy to do it. However, when I had a beach party I used it every day for a week leading up to it (after forgetting to use it for about a month) and it made me feel really confident in my short shorts and bathing suit. I’m sorry I haven’t written up a more detailed review (I plan to!), so if you have any questions feel free to message me on Instagram!
- Price: $399 –> $299.25 ($99.75 savings)
Low pH Cleansers
And since I am always asked for recommendations for good cleansers that I have tried and pH tested, here are a few options I would recommend: (Note: iS Clinical is excluded from the sale, otherwise I would recommend that cleanser as well)
Indie Lee Rosehip Cleanser (4.2 oz) ($24 after discount) – pH = 5.5
Pacifica Sea Foam Complete Face Wash (5 oz) ($7.50 after discount) – pH = 5.1
REN Evercalm Gentle Cleansing Milk (5.1 oz) ($22.50 after discount) – pH = 5.1
If you are curious about a cleanser that you find on Dermstore, you can search this database to see if the pH has been tested by myself or others that use the #gtggphtest hashtag.
Ok well… I had more products than I realized that I needed to restock! Sorry this was long but I hope it was helpful.